Home | About the Artist | Fantasy Art | Goddess Art | Totems & Symbols

Rock Art Painting and Wall Art Paintings


RiverRock Critters Art Store

River Rock Art Paintings, Wall Art Paintings, Arts & Crafts, Painting on Rocks, Rock Art

February 13, 2008

My Friend, My Buddy, My Companion



Ah, the Papillon!

This is Banjo, my faithful companion. I wanted to create a wall art piece that I would remember for a lifetime. I feel I captured my friend quite well. Spoiled, pampered, and sitting on his pillow as if it was his eternal throne. He has been painted on a wood surface and sprayed with acrylic spray to ensure a long-lasting keepsake.

They are Butterfly dogs with long silky hair and a feathery tail that seems to float in the air falling freely on their back. They are affectionate and love to give kisses. Aside from being so cute and fluffy they are smart intelligent dogs. They are loaded with charm, intelligence and ability. They are a warm little body with a big heart. Their feisty, precocious, and excitable at times to the point of down right stubborn.

They truly are a companion dog and love to be where their master is. Banjo is quite tough for his small size. Weighs approximately 8 pounds. They love to be outdoors. Banjo loves to go boating with us. He presses himself against the wind and his fur is flying gracefully in the breeze. He loves the feeling of the wind and sometimes hangs out the window in the car for the same sensation.

He is very affectionate and gentle but vivacious, lively and charming. He can be patient and gentle as well as dignified. Their breed instinct is strong for protecting their property and can be quite talkative at times. Training is a must with this little guy, for me it’s an ongoing process.

Even though this breed is small boned and looks delicate, don’t let them fool you. They will try anything once and with energy abound are ready for whatever you want to do. He’s a great dog and truly helped me through the times when I lost my last Pap.

So this painting is my gift to Banjo in commemoration of his “LIFE” and all the wonderful years we still have ahead of us.


Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog.

Douglas Mallock

Please email me at info@riverrockcritters.com If you would like a portrait of your pet.



Pauline Libutti, Artist & Writer
http://www.RiverRockCritters.com/

Labels: , , , , , , ,